Healing Harp Melodies: Hymns and Spiritual Songs
CD $5.00 plus $2.50 S&H
1. The Water is Wide* (arr. Weaver)
2. Morning Has Broken(arr. Weaver)
3. Be Thou My Vision* (arr. Weaver)
4. Medley: Fairest Lord Jesu / At the River, Saviour, Like A Shepherd Lead U / Come Thou Fount / My Faith Looks Up to Thee / Precious Lord (arr. Bethune)
5. Sun of My Soul (Melody by Peter Ritter, Arranged by Dennis Alexander, © MCMXC by Alfred Publ. Co.)
6. Simple Gifts (arr. Semmann)
7. Amazing Grace (arr. Semmann)
8. St. Columbu's Hymn (arr. Witman)
9. Motherless Child / Wayfarin' Stranger (arr. Woods)
10. His Eye is on the Sparrow (arr. Bemiss)
11. Steal Away (arr. Rees-Rohrbacher)
12. Simple Gifts (arr. Weaver)
13. Pastoral Psalm: Sheep MaySafely Graze / The Lord's My Shepherd (Bach/Bethune)
14. All Though the Night / There's a Wideness in God's Mercy* (arr. Jaeger)
I5. Aeolian Hymn (produced by the sounds of natural gentle breezes blowing through the harp strings)
16. The Lord's Prayer (Malotte/Balderston)
17. Ave Maria (Schubert/Balderston)
18. Pavane (Faure'/Robertson)
19. Ubi Caritas (arr. Rees-Rohrbacher)
20. Deep River (arr. Rees-Rohrbacher)
21, Prayer Perfect (Stenson)
22, Dona Nobis Pacem (arr. Weaver)
23. The Lord Bless You and Keep You (Lutkin)
24. Fourfold Amen (Harker)
*Helen, Hannah. and Emily Cooley
All selections not in public domain were recorded with permission at of the composers and arrangers.
Southwest Virginia Folk Harp Ensemble Hosts for the HARP EXTRAVAGANZA, September 10, 2006 to benefit Blacksburg Va. Interfaith Habitat Group and the ~ to Build a House with Art and Music Nancy Bishop, Karen Finch, Both Cabo, Pat Fullen, Becky Coffey, Lindsay Hedrick, Helen & Hannah Cooley, Deborah Hix, Evelyn Dawson and Stevan Jackson.
All proffits from this CD will benefit charitable organizations. The class members have also given legal assistance and administrative help in obtaining copyright permissions.
Nadine C. Allen (1930-2005)
Nadine lived in Southwestern Virginia most of her life. She began painting in 1975. Nadine wanted her viewers to see and experience what she saw and felt. Her watermedia paintings (Churches and Crosses) were a journey through her heritage and an exploration into the meanings of religious symbols. The cross was a motif that she felt compelled to paint. It was while she was contemplating painting a series of little white churches that she began to see the cross motif everywhere, both religious and secular.
Nadine's artwork received awards and recognition in many prestigious buried exhibitions as well as continues to hang in several prestigious collections. She was active in several art associations, both local and national. Nadine received her MAED degree with an emphasis in Art from VPI & SU. Her education and love of art allowed her to teach and share her talents with many people, inspiring many to become artists.